Sunday 17 June 2012

My Roti Prata Experience


If you know me long enough, you will know that I really don’t like trying out food that is stranger to my tongue. This is one of the things I need to change since living in a foreign country gives me a real hard time looking for familiar food, which is by the way Filipino food (true pinay at heart). Anyway, I have tried some of the famous local food here and I will try to share them one by one. The first one will be the Roti Prata.

What is Roti Prata?

According to Wikipedia…

Roti prata is a fried flour-based pancake that is cooked over a flat grill. It is usually served with a vegetable or meat based curry and is sold all over Singapore in food centres. Prata is also commonly cooked (upon request) with cheese, onion, banana, red bean, chocolate, mushroom or egg. It is listed at number 45 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll compiled by CNN Go in 2011.[1]

Wow, number 45 huh. I didn’t know this. Thanks Wikipedia. For more info you may want to check the below link:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti_prata

I am a great fan of cheese, so as expected I tried the Cheese Prata. If you do not like the curry for a dip, you may try it with sugar. I love it! And I can say that indeed it is one of the most delicious foods in the world. Two thumbs and a happy tummy up! :)


What is your Prata? at Food Republic Wisma Atria

This is how they cook it

Choose your Prata! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment