Tuesday 11 September 2012

Fair Trade?


Dress 1. No button hole.
Last week I bought some clothes from a wholesale supplier from China. I browsed through their website and found quite a lot of pretty Korean / Japanese fashion dresses which you can buy at a very low price. Then I wondered, how come they sell it so cheap. As I read their "About Us" section, there they state "... mainly focus on international trading Japanese and Korean copy styles  producing and selling, most of styles are copied from latest fashion magazines: such as <Rayli>, <JJ>, <COCO>, <EF>, <Nonno> and some others professional latest fashion magazine website..." And so there goes the answer. After reading it, I didn't expect much on the quality of their dresses. I purchased 16 pcs, which costs total of SGD 155 (shipping cost included), not bad right? I received the goods 3 days after payment, that was fast. I was so excited and opened the package and tried them on. As expected, the quality is not that good, but anyway its cheap so its okay. Until I came across the 4 dresses with really poor quality. Please see the pictures so you can see for yourself. I contacted them and asked if I can get a refund. One of their customer service rudely replied, "...but you need to consider that we have provide those items with so low price, and what quality do you expect it to ?..."  He didn't even bother to ask first what is the issue I have. He himself admitted that they have poor quality, lol. I wasn't expecting much but what I expect is that I will be able to wear the clothes presentably. But how do you expect me to wear them? No button hole, lining too thin, and uneven arm hole. They told me that I have to return the dresses (which is by the way on my own expense) before they will refund. It will cost me $40 for the shipping cost, and the refund will be around that same amount too. In short, I will still get nothing. No win situation for me. 

Dress 2. The inside lining too thin, I can even see my hands


Dress 3. Arm hole too loose







Dress 3.2 Same design different color

Dress 3.3 Looks funny... :D

Oh, well. Lessons learned. I will never buy from them again. I realized that the amount I paid is almost the same as if I am buying at bargain stores, only that I can get to see the real thing before I decide to buy. I am not saying that you should not buy on those China wholesale clothing, all I want is fair trade. If they agree that my reject claim is valid, they should at least shoulder the return shipping cost or maybe offer me a 50% refund so that  I can have them repaired/tailored locally and no need to return it to them. 


1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete